List of HTTP Response Status Codes
Thursday, April 08, 2010
1xx Info / Informational
HTTP_INFO - Request received, continuing process.
Indicates a provisional response, consisting only of the Status-Line and optional headers, and is terminated by an empty line.
- 100 Continue - HTTP_CONTINUE
- 101 Switching Protocols - HTTP_SWITCHING_PROTOCOLS
- 102 Processing - HTTP_PROCESSING
2xx Success / OK
HTTP_SUCCESS - The action was successfully received, understood, and accepted.
Indicates that the client’s request was successfully received, understood, and accepted.
- 200 OK - HTTP_OK
- 201 Created - HTTP_CREATED
- 202 Accepted - HTTP_ACCEPTED
- 203 Non-Authoritative Information - HTTP_NON_AUTHORITATIVE
- 204 No Content - HTTP_NO_CONTENT
- 205 Reset Content - HTTP_RESET_CONTENT
- 206 Partial Content - HTTP_PARTIAL_CONTENT
- 207 Multi-Status - HTTP_MULTI_STATUS
HTTP_REDIRECT - The client must take additional action to complete the request.
Indicates that further action needs to be taken by the user-agent in order to fulfill the request. The action required may be carried out by the user agent without interaction with the user if and only if the method used in the second request is GET or HEAD. A user agent should not automatically redirect a request more than 5 times, since such redirections usually indicate an infinite loop.
- 300 Multiple Choices - HTTP_MULTIPLE_CHOICES
- 301 Moved Permanently - HTTP_MOVED_PERMANENTLY
- 302 Found - HTTP_MOVED_TEMPORARILY
- 303 See Other - HTTP_SEE_OTHER
- 304 Not Modified - HTTP_NOT_MODIFIED
- 305 Use Proxy - HTTP_USE_PROXY
- 306 unused - UNUSED
- 307 Temporary Redirect - HTTP_TEMPORARY_REDIRECT
4xx Client Error
HTTP_CLIENT_ERROR - The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled.
Indicates case where client seems to have erred. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition.
- 400 Bad Request - HTTP_BAD_REQUEST
- 401 Authorization Required - HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED
- 402 Payment Required - HTTP_PAYMENT_REQUIRED
- 403 Forbidden - HTTP_FORBIDDEN
- 404 Not Found - HTTP_NOT_FOUND
- 405 Method Not Allowed - HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED
- 406 Not Acceptable - HTTP_NOT_ACCEPTABLE
- 407 Proxy Authentication Required - HTTP_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED
- 408 Request Time-out - HTTP_REQUEST_TIME_OUT
- 409 Conflict - HTTP_CONFLICT
- 410 Gone - HTTP_GONE
- 411 Length Required - HTTP_LENGTH_REQUIRED
- 412 Precondition Failed - HTTP_PRECONDITION_FAILED
- 413 Request Entity Too Large - HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE
- 414 Request-URI Too Large - HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE
- 415 Unsupported Media Type - HTTP_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE
- 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable - HTTP_RANGE_NOT_SATISFIABLE
- 417 Expectation Failed - HTTP_EXPECTATION_FAILED
- 418 unused - UNUSED
- 419 unused - UNUSED
- 420 unused - UNUSED
- 421 unused - UNUSED
- 422 Unprocessable Entity - HTTP_UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY
- 423 Locked - HTTP_LOCKED
- 424 Failed Dependency - HTTP_FAILED_DEPENDENCY
- 425 No code - HTTP_NO_CODE
- 426 Upgrade Required - HTTP_UPGRADE_REQUIRED
5xx Server Error
HTTP_SERVER_ERROR - The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request.
Indicate cases in which the server is aware that it has erred or is incapable of performing the request. Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server should include an entity containing an explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. User agents should display any included entity to the user. These response codes are applicable to any request method.
- 500 Internal Server Error - HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
- 501 Method Not Implemented - HTTP_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
- 502 Bad Gateway - HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY
- 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable - HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
- 504 Gateway Time-out - HTTP_GATEWAY_TIME_OUT
- 505 HTTP Version Not Supported - HTTP_VERSION_NOT_SUPPORTED
- 506 Variant Also Negotiates - HTTP_VARIANT_ALSO_VARIES
- 507 Insufficient Storage - HTTP_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE
- 508 unused - UNUSED
- 509 unused - UNUSED
- 510 Not Extended - HTTP_NOT_EXTENDED
About the Author
Joydeep Deb is a Senior Digital Marketer with 12+ years of experience in Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Online Brand Management, Marketing Campaigns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), PPC, eMail Marketing, Web Analytics, Web Technologies, Web Design and Development.
With an MBA in Marketing. Lives in Bangalore, Karnataka - India and working as an Program Manager SEO.
Get social with Joydeep at Twitter |